CROWN POINT, Ind. — An Illinois man was arrested Thursday on charges he traveled to Hobart, Indiana, last summer to rape and sexually abuse a 16-year-old girl he met online, authorities said.
Connor N. Smith, 31, of Orland Park, is accused of forcing the girl to perform a sex act on him immediately after she got into his pickup truck July 16 in Hobart and forcing her to go to a hotel with him.
The girl told police Smith said, “If you don’t cooperate,” and lit a cigarette lighter, Lake Criminal Court records allege.
The girl could hear the locks on Smith’s truck popping as she waited while he went in the hotel lobby and assumed Smith was repeatedly pressing the lock button on his key fob to prevent her from escaping, records state.
Once inside the room, Smith slapped her when she pleaded with him to let her go and hit her again when she refused to undress, according to court documents.
The girl told police she took off most of her clothes, and Smith pulled her by the hair into the bathroom, urinated on her and forced her to drink his urine by holding her nose, records allege.
People are also reading…
- Watch now: 39 vehicles involved in crash on 22nd Street overpass
- Watch now: Decatur pastor in gender remarks controversy gets booted from Millikin review board
- Decatur man hired to fix Warrensburg couple’s SUV disappeared with it instead, police say
- Citing discipline issues, Decatur schools to ‘reset’ in January
- Decatur’s Devon Amphitheater rolling out 2022 headliners
- Decatur man faces attempted murder charge after frenzied attack, police report
- Decatur Public Library announces policy changes
- Drunk driver caused fatal head-on crash, Decatur jury rules
- Decatur man arraigned on charges he inflicted terrible injuries on baby
- Armed robber threatened to kill Decatur victim, police say
- Thieves drain $800 from Harristown woman’s bank account, police say
- Decatur schools named in suit against mask, vaccine mandates
- Central Illinois Conference members vote to remove St. Teresa following the 2022-23 season
- Decatur woman lights aerosol can, prompting evacuation, police report
- Watch now: Players, coaches, friends honor LSA’s Tom Saunches
Smith is accused of dragging or walking the girl back to the bed, beginning another rape by forcing her to perform a sex act, strangling her for resisting and continuing the rape.
The girl told police Smith later drove her back to her relatives’ Hobart home and said he’d be coming back at the same time the following night.
When he dropped her off at a corner, several of her relatives were outside and began chasing Smith’s truck as Smith drove away, court records state.
The girl initially told police Smith pulled her out a window at the Hobart home by her hair before the alleged rape, but she later admitted she fabricated that part of the story because she …….